REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All Except Tape Drive Regulators
- Remove the regulator.
The following step must be performed when the regulator is removed from the door. The regulator lift arms are under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause serious injury if the motor is removed without locking the sector gear in position.
- Drill a hole through the regulator sector gear and back plate and install a screw and nut to lock the sector gear into position. Do not drill the hole closer than 1 / 2 in to the edge of the sector gear or backplate.
- Remove the rivets holding the motor to the regulator using a 3 / 16 inch (4.76mm) drill bit.
- Install the motor to the regulator using 3 / 16 inch rivets.
- Install the regulator.
- Remove the trim panel, sound absorber pad and water deflector.
- Disconnect the harness at the motor.
- Tape the window to the frame with pieces of cloth backed body tape to prevent the glass from dropping when the regulator motor is removed.
Unless the glass is taped or blocked in the up position, personal injury and/or glass damage may result.
- The front doors have locating dimples in the inner panel to locate the motor to regulator attaching bolts. Using a 3 / 4 inch (19mm) hole saw, drill the three holes at the locating dimples.
- Remove the motor attaching bolts, disconnect the wire connector and remove the motor through the access hole.
- Lubricate the motor drive gear and regulator sector teeth. Attach the motor to the regulator and make sure the drive gear properly engages the sector gear teeth before installing the motor attaching bolts. Tighten the attaching bolts to 125 inch lbs. (14 Nm).
- Use waterproof tape to seal any holes outside the water deflector sealing area and install the trim.