REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fleetwood Brougham and DeVille
See Figure 1
- Remove all door trim and detach the insulator pad and inner panel water deflector enough for access to lock.
- With the glass in the full up position, tape the glass to the door upper frame with cloth back tape.
- Remove the lower sash channel bolts.
- Punch out the center of the regulator rivets and drill out the rivets using a 1 / 4 inch (6.35mm) drill bit.
If electric motor removal from the regulator is required, it is important to follow the procedure outlined in this section. The regulator lift arm is under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause personal injury if the sector gear is not locked into position.
- Disconnect the the electrical harness where applicable and remove the regulator through the access hole in the inner panel.
- To install reverse the removal procedure. Use 1 / 4 inch x 0.0500 inch aluminum peel type rivets to attach the regulator to the inner door panel.
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Tape the glass in the full up position.
- Remove the trim panel, sound absorber pad and water deflector.
- On 1986-89 Sevilles, remove the inner panel cam by sliding off of the roller of the regulator.
- Drill out the two regulator retaining rivets using a 1 / 4 inch (6.35mm) drill bit.
- Disconnect the wire connector from the regulator motor.
- Remove the regulator.
- To install reverse the removal procedure. Use 1 / 4 inch x 5 / 8 inch aluminum peel type rivets to attach the regulator.