REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Fleetwood Brougham and DeVille
See Figure 1
- Remove all door trim and detach the insulator pad and inner panel water deflector enough for access to lock.
- With the glass in the full up position, tape the glass to the door upper frame with cloth back tape.
- Remove the lower sash channel bolts.
- Punch out the center of the regulator rivets and drill out the rivets using a 1 / 4 inch (6.35mm) drill bit.
- Disconnect the the electrical harness where applicable and remove the regulator through the access hole in the inner panel.
- To install reverse the removal procedure. Use 1 / 4 inch x 0.0500 inch aluminum peel type rivets to attach the regulator to the inner door panel.
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Tape the glass in the full up position.
- Remove the trim panel, sound absorber pad and water deflector.
- On 1986-89 Sevilles, remove the inner panel cam by sliding off of the roller of the regulator.
- Drill out the two regulator retaining rivets using a 1 / 4 inch (6.35mm) drill bit.
- Disconnect the wire connector from the regulator motor.
- Remove the regulator.
- To install reverse the removal procedure. Use 1 / 4 inch x 5 / 8 inch aluminum peel type rivets to attach the regulator.