REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All seat assemblies are secured to the floor pan by either nuts installed on the floor pan anchor plate studs, or bolts installed into the anchor nuts or plates in the floor pan.
All electrically operated seats and seats equipped with a cigar lighter, courtesy lamps etc., have a ground wire secured to the seat frame and under one of the seat adjuster to floor pan attaching bolts or nuts.
- On models so equipped, remove the shoulder belt guide loop inner attaching screw; then carefully lift the upper portion of the guide loop enough to slide the shoulder strap webbing out of the loop.
- Operate the seat to the full forward position. If the six way power seat is operable, operate the seat to the full forward and upward position. Where necessary to gain access to the adjuster to floor pan attaching bolts or nuts, remove the adjuster foot covers.
- On full width and split seats where the front inner seat belts go through the seat assembly, remove the inner seat belt to floor pan anchor plate attaching bolts.
- Remove the adjuster rear foot covers and track covers, where present; then remove the adjuster to floor pan rear attaching nuts or bolts. Operate the seat to the full rearward position. Remove the adjuster foot covers and track covers where present; then remove the adjuster to floor pan front attaching nuts or bolts.
- On seats having any electrical equipment such as power adjusters, power reclining seat back, cigar lighter, etc., tilt the seat rearward and disconnect the feed wire connector.
- With the aid of a helper, remove the seat assembly from the car.
- Check that both adjusters are parallel and in phase with each other. If not operate the power adjusters to the full forward position then disconnect the cable from the adjuster that has reached its full forward position. Operate the other adjuster until it reaches its full forward position then reconnect the cable. Check the operation of both adjusters.
- Tighten the seat adjuster to floor pan attaching bolts or nuts to 18-24 ft. lbs. (24-33 Nm).