REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the transmission mount.
- Remove the propeller shaft coupling bolts and pry the coupling away from the flange.
- Install the tool J 42066 onto the drive flange and remove the nut using the special tool and a 30 mm deepwell socket.
- Remove the drive flange from the transmission output shaft.
- Unbolt the catalytic converter support bracket bolts and remove the bracket.
- Unplug the transmission speed sensor electrical connector.
Remove the speed sensor bolt and sensor with the seal.
- Use hand pressure to twist sensor while pulling outward. Do not pry on the sensor.
- Remove the rear oxygen sensor harness clips from the case extension.
- Remove the case extension bolts and the extension. Remove the gasket.
- Pry out the seal from the extension.
- Use a press and a suitable size spacer to press the bearing out from the rear of the case extension, if necessary.
- Press the bearing in from the rear of the case extension, if removed.
- Install the seal to the case extension using special tool J 42080 or equivalent.
- Replace the case extension gasket, install the extension, and tighten the bolts to 23 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Install the rear oxygen sensor harness clips to the extension housing.
- Install the speed sensor and seal and tighten the bolt to 78 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Plug in the electrical connector.
- Install the catalytic converter support bracket and tighten the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
Install the drive flange to the transmission output shaft and fasten tool J 42066 or equivalent onto the flange.
- Use a new service replacement nut.
- Use J 42066 to hold the drive flange while using a 30 mm deepwell socket.
- Tighten the nut to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Install the propeller shaft coupling to the flange and tighten the bolts to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the transmission mount, and check and adjust the transmission fluid level.