REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support vehicle securely.
- Place a large capacity drain pan under the transmission oil pan.
- Loosen the rear oil pan bolts approximately four turns.
- Lightly tap the oil pan with a rubber mallet or pry the oil pan to drain the fluid from the main case.
- Remove the previously loosened oil pan bolts from the rear, remove the oil pan and gasket.
- Remove the oil pan bolts, leaving one corner bolt in loosely.
- Lightly tap the front oil pan with a rubber mallet or pry on it lightly to drain the fluid.
- Remove the remaining from oil pan bolt, oil pan, and gasket.
- Remove the oil filter bolts and the filter.
- Clean the transmission case, from adapter case and oil pan gasket surfaces with solvent and allow drying.
All traces of gasket material must be removed.
- Install the gasket, oil filter, and bolts. Tighten the oil filter bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the front oil pan, gasket, and bolts. Tighten the front oil pan bolts to 96 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Refill the transmission with DEXRON III ® through the oil pan fill plug on the side of the main case oil pan. Replace the oil pan fill plug seal.
Fill the transmission to the lower edge of the oil pan fill plug opening using an oil suction gun..
- Tighten the oil pan fill plug to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the transmission fluid level.