REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support vehicle securely.
- Place a large capacity drain pan under the transmission oil pan.
- Loosen the rear oil pan bolts approximately four turns.
- Lightly tap the oil pan with a rubber mallet or pry the oil pan to drain the fluid from the main case.
- Remove the previously loosened oil pan bolts from the rear, remove the oil pan and gasket.
- Remove the oil pan bolts, leaving one corner bolt in loosely.
- Lightly tap the front oil pan with a rubber mallet or pry on it lightly to drain the fluid.
- Remove the remaining from oil pan bolt, oil pan, and gasket.
- Remove the oil filter bolts and the filter.
- Clean the transmission case, from adapter case and oil pan gasket surfaces with solvent and allow drying.
- Install the gasket, oil filter, and bolts. Tighten the oil filter bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the front oil pan, gasket, and bolts. Tighten the front oil pan bolts to 96 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Refill the transmission with DEXRON III ® through the oil pan fill plug on the side of the main case oil pan. Replace the oil pan fill plug seal.
- Tighten the oil pan fill plug to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check and adjust the transmission fluid level.