removal & installation
- Place the shift control lever in N .
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely.
- Remove the exhaust muffler to catalytic converter bolts and nuts.
- Support the transmission with a transmission jack.
- Remove the transmission crossmember to body bolts.
- Lower the transmission enough to provide access to the switch.
- Remove the switch cover.
- Remove the switch harness connector from the bracket, pry it off using a suitable size tool.
- Unbolt the transmission control selector shaft lever from the shaft.
- Remove the switch bolts and the switch from the transmission.
Install the switch to the transmission and install the bolts loosely.
- Place the transmission in N .
- Align the slot on the switch housing with the slot in the switch shaft.
- Insert a 3 / 32 inch (2.4 mm) drill bit into both slots to ensure proper alignment.
- Tighten the switch bolts to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the transmission control selector shaft lever to the shaft and install the shaft nut.
Install the switch wire harness connector to the bracket.
- Use a plastic tie strap if connector clip is broken.
- Install the switch cover.
- Raise the transmission into position and install the crossmember to body bolts and tighten to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Remove the transmission jack.
- Install the muffler to catalytic converter bolts and nuts. Tighten the exhaust muffler to catalytic converter bolts an nuts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle and check for proper operation of the switch using a scan tool.