REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electric lock release solenoid connector.
- If equipped, detach the trunk lid courtesy light connector.
- If equipped, detach the connector from the lock cylinder.
- Tie a string to the wiring harness and pull the harness out of the trunk lid, leaving the string completely through the lid and hanging out.
- Scribe the locations of the hinges on the trunk lid so the trunk lid can be reinstalled in the same position.
- Support the trunk lid with the aid of an assistant.
- Remove the trunk lid mounting bolts, then remove the trunk lid from the vehicle with the aid of an assistant.
- With the aid of an assistant, position the trunk lid on the hinges, aligning the scribe marks that were made during the removal procedure.
- Install the trunk lid mounting bolts.
- Pull the wiring harness through the trunk lid using the string, then remove the string from the wiring harness.
- Attach the necessary electrical connectors and connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the trunk lid alignment and adjust, if necessary.
- Loosen the trunk lid mounting bolts and move the trunk lid, as necessary.
- When the trunk lid is properly positioned within the body opening, tighten the mounting bolts.
- To adjust the up and down alignment at the rear corners, turn the rubber bumpers to raise or lower the trunk lid.