REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Carefully loosen the windshield garnish molding toward the driver's side of the vehicle, then loosen the upper windshield pillar garnish molding along the left side of the windshield.
- Expose the wire from behind the loose garnish molding.
- Unplug the connector on the mirror stem and the one on the attaching wire harness.
- Loosen the screw and remove the mirror from the mirror support.
- With the wire harness supplied in the kit, plug the connector on the mirror stem and the one on the harness together. Place the mirror on the support and tighten the screw.
- Starting just above the mirror, at the center of the vehicle, thread the wire harness over the windshield garnish molding and pull the wire toward you. Be sure enough wire is left going to the connectors and that the wire is not stretched tight.
- Keeping the wire harness straight, carefully tuck the wire behind the loose garnish moldings.
- Detach the electrical connectors at the rear of the mirror.
- Twist the mirror to one side and use one hand to support the edge of the mirror against the windshield.
- Use the other hand to pull the mirror away from the windshield with a quick jerk.
- Slide the mirror onto the mirror support. The mirror is fully seated on the support when an audible "click" is heard.
- Attach the electrical connectors.
- Remove the set screw retaining the mirror base to the mirror support.
- Lift the mirror base from the support.
- Remove the Torx® screw at the rear of the swivel arm.
- Install the lock tooth washer and mirror base to the swivel arm.
- Install the Torx® screw to the swivel arm and tighten until snug.
- Install the mirror support and install the set screw.