REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Special tool required -J 26234 Drive Axle Seal Installer
- Raise and safely support the vehicle securely.
- Remove the drive axle.
Take care not to damage the differential housing or the differential carrier side bearing outer race. Damage may result in leaks upon the reassembly.
Use a suitable prybar to remove the seal from the rear axle.
- Inspect the sealing surface for the drive axle.
- Remove any nicks or burrs.
- Replace the axle shaft should this surface be irreparable.
- Lubricate the new seal with rear axle lubricant.
- Use the tool to install the drive axle seal until the tool bottoms on the outer race.
- Install the drive axle.
- Check and fill the lubricant as necessary.