REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper and suspend it with wire from the strut; do not let the caliper hang from the brake hose.
- On 1992-98 vehicles, remove the disc brake pads from the caliper mounting bracket.
- Remove the caliper mounting bracket mounting bolts and the mounting bracket.
- If equipped, remove the retainers from the wheel studs and discard; they do not have to be reinstalled.
- Remove the disc brake rotor. Inspect the rotor and machine or replace, as necessary.
- Install the disc brake rotor over the wheel studs and hub assembly.
- Install the caliper mounting bracket using new mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 83 ft. lbs. (112 Nm).
- On 1992-98 vehicles, install the disc brake pads in the caliper mounting bracket.
- Install the brake caliper.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and lower the vehicle.
Refer to brake rotor inspection under Front Disc Brakes.