REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
4.5L and 4.9L Engines
- Disconnect the locking collar from the switch.
- Remove the electrical connector.
- Remove oil pressure switch.
- Make sure fittings are properly aligned to allow sensor installation.
- Wrap Teflon® tape or apply Thread lock to threads on sensor.
- Install new oil pressure switch.
- Reattach electrical connector and locking collar onto switch.
- Start engine check for leaks.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the electrical connector from the switch.
- Remove oil pressure switch at the oil filter adapter.
- Install the oil pressure switch at the oil filter adapter and tighten to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the electrical connector to the switch.
- Lower the vehicle and check for leaks.