REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Label and disconnect all vacuum hoses attached to the waterneck (some waternecks have temperature-controlled vacuum switches mounted in them).
- Detach the upper radiator hose from the waterneck.
This procedure can also be completed without disconnecting the upper radiator hose from the waterneck, if only the thermostat is being serviced.
- Remove the two retaining bolts from the thermostat housing (located on the front top of the intake manifold on V6s and V8s, and directly in front of the valve cover on inline sixes), and remove the thermostat.
- Pull the thermostat out of the hole in the intake manifold.
- Clean the waterneck-to-intake manifold gasket mounting surface of all old gasket material and corrosion.
- Use a new gasket when replacing the thermostat.