REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the ash tray and housing as necessary.
- Remove the knobs, controls, washers, trim plate, and nuts from the radio. Using a deep well socket, remove the control shaft nuts and washers.
- Remove the hoses from the center air-conditioning duct as necessary.
- On 1967-76 vehicles only, disconnect all wiring leads. Remove all screws and nuts from the radio mount(s), then push the radio forward until the control shafts clear the instrument panel. On 1967-76 vehicles, turn the radio upside down (dial toward front of vehicle) and remove it. On 1977-79 vehicles, pull the radio out just far enough to disconnect the wiring, and disconnect it. Then, tilt the radio so the dial faces the front of the car and remove it.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be careful not to apply power to the radio until the speaker harness is connected.