INTEGRAL IGNITION COIL
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the feed and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
- Remove the ignition set retainer.
- Remove the 4 coil cover-to-distributor cap screws and the coil cover.
- Remove the 4 coil-to-distributor cap screws.
- Using a blunt drift, press the coil wire spade terminals up out of distributor cap.
- Lift the coil up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove and clean the coil spring, rubber seal washer and coil cavity of the distributor cap.
- Coat the rubber seal with a dielectric lubricant furnished in the replacement ignition coil package.
- Reverse the removal procedures to install.
See Figures 3 through 7
- Remove the feed and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
- Remove the retainer and spark plug wires from the cap.
- Depress and release the 4 distributor cap-to-housing retainers and lift off the cap assembly.
- Remove the 4 coil cover screws and cover.
- Using a finger or a blunt drift, push the spade terminals up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove all 4 coil screws and lift the coil, coil spring and rubber seal washer out of the cap coil cavity.
- Using a new distributor cap, reverse the removal procedures to assemble being sure to clean and lubricate the rubber seal washer with dielectric lubricant.
See Figures 8, 9, 10 and 11