All Camaros made in 1969 and later are equipped with ignition switches which are mounted in the steering column. Removal and installation procedures for these models can be found in Suspension And Steering .
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Put the ignition switch in the Accessory ([small cap]ACC) position.
- Insert a wire into the small hole in the face of the lock cylinder. Push in on the wire to depress the plunger. Continue turning the key until the cylinder can be removed from the switch.
- Remove the switch bezel nut, and pull the switch out from under the dash.
- Go in from the front of the switch with a small prytool and unsnap the theft resistant locking tangs on the connector, then unplug the connector.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal.