REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door handles and the locking knob from the inside of the doors. If equipped with remote control mirrors, remove the remote mirror escutcheon, then disengage the end of the mirror control cable from the escutcheon.
If equipped with door pull handles, remove the screws through the handle into the door inner panel.
- If equipped with a switch cover plate in the door armrest, remove the cover plate screws, then disconnect the switches and the cigar lighter, if equipped from the electrical harness.
- If equipped with an integral armrest, remove the screws inserted through the pull cup into the armrest hanger support. If equipped with an armrest applied after the door trim installation, remove the armrest-to-inner panel screws.
- If equipped with two-piece trim panels, disengage the retainer clips from the front and the rear of the upper trim panel, using tool No. BT-7323A, then lift the upper door trim and slide it slightly rearward to disengage it from the door inner panel at the beltline.
If equipped with electric switches in the door trim panel, disconnect the electrical connectors from the switch assembly.
- Along the upper edge of the lower trim panel, remove the mounting screws. At the lower edge of the panel, insert tool No. BT-7323A between the inner panel and the trim panel, then disengage the retaining clips from around the outer perimeter. To remove the lower panel, push the panel down and outward to disengage it from the door.
If equipped with courtesy lights, disconnect the wiring harness.
- If equipped with an insulator pad glued to the door inner panel, remove the pad with a putty knife by separating it from the inner panel.
- To install, reverse the removal service removal procedures.