REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
This is a general procedure and applies to all models and types covered by this guide. A few steps may need to be slightly altered to comply with your particular vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the front turn signal bezel retaining screws (if equipped).
- Pull the trim bezel off of the light assembly, if applicable.
- Remove the turn signal assembly retaining screws.
- Pull the assembly and gasket off of the front fender.
- Inspect the assembly gasket for tearing or crumbling. If any such damage is evident, replace the old gasket with a new one upon installation.
Once the assembly is removed from the vehicle, the individual light bulb(s) can be removed as follows:
- Grasp the bulb socket and twist it 1 / 4 turn counterclockwise. Pull the bulb and socket out of the light assembly.
- Grasp the light bulb to be removed and gently press it in toward its socket.
- While pressing the bulb in, turn the bulb counterclockwise until the two little knobs on the bulb base clear the channels in the socket.
- Pull the bulb up and out of its socket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. During installation, make sure that the light bulb contacts are clean and free of corrosion.