REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the hoses at the pump, drain the fluid into a catch pan, and tape the openings shut to prevent contamination. Position the disconnected lines in a raised position to prevent leakage.
- Remove the pump belt.
- Loosen the retaining bolts and any braces, and remove the pump.
- Install the pump on the engine with the retaining bolt hand-tight.
- Connect and tighten the hose fittings.
- Refill the pump with fluid and bleed by turning the pulley counterclockwise (viewed from the front). Stop the bleeding when air bubbles no longer appear.
- Install the pump belt on the pulley and adjust the tension, as described in General Information And Maintenance .
- Fill the fluid reservoir.
- Let the fluid stand undisturbed for two minutes, then crank the engine for about two seconds. Refill the reservoir if necessary.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 above until the fluid level remains constant after cranking the engine.
- Apply the parking brake and block the rear wheels.
- Raise the front of the car until the wheels are off the ground, then start the engine. Increase the engine speed to about 1,500 rpm.
- Turn the wheels to the left and right, checking the fluid level and refilling if necessary.