There are no band adjustments possible or required.
SHIFT CONTROL CABLE
See Figures 1 and 2
- Place the control lever in N .
- Raise the car and support it with jackstands.
- Loosen the cable attachment at the shift lever.
- Rotate the shift lever clockwise to the park detent and then back to neutral.
- Tighten cable attachment to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
P when tightening the nut.
- Place the manual shaft of the transmission in N . Place the console shift lever in N .
- Install the cable in the slot of the shift lever. Adjust the cable so that the pin has free movement.
- Install and tighten the nut to the pin.
THROTTLE VALVE CABLE
See Figures 3 and 4
- After installation of the cable to the transmission, engine bracket, and the cable actuating lever, check to assure that the cable slider is in the zero or fully re-adjusted position.
- If cable slider is not in zero or fully re-adjusted, depress and hold the metal re-adjust tab. Move the slider back through the fitting in the direction away from the cable actuating lever until the slider stops against the fitting. Release the metal re-adjust tab.
- Rotate the cable actuating lever to its full travel position.
- The slider must move (ratchet) forward when the lever is rotated to the full travel position.
- Release the lever.