REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect vacuum hose from vacuum check valve.
- Unbolt the master cylinder and carefully move it aside without disconnecting the hydraulic lines.
- Disconnect pushrod at brake pedal assembly.
Some brake boosters may also be held on with a sealant. This can be easily removed with tar remover.
- Remove nuts and lockwashers that secure booster to firewall and remove booster from engine compartment.
- Install by reversing removal procedure. Make sure to check operation of stop lights. Allow engine vacuum to build before applying brakes.