REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2Release Switch
- At the brake switch, remove either the 2 electrical connectors or the electrical connector and the vacuum hose.
- Remove the switch from the retainer.
- Remove the tubular retainer from the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Install the tubular retainer to the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Press the brake pedal and install the release switch into the retainer until fully seated in the clips.
- Connect the wiring and/or vacuum lines. Adjust the switch.
The engagement switch cannot be serviced. The complete multi-function lever (turn signal lever) must be replaced as an assembly.
- Depress the brake pedal and check that the release switch is fully seated in the clips.
- Slowly pull the brake pedal back to the at-rest position; the switch and valve assembly will move within the clips to the adjusted position.
- Measure pedal travel and check switch engagement. The electric brake release switch contacts must open at less than 1 inch (25.4 mm) of pedal travel. The vacuum release should engage between 5 / 8 and 1 inch (16-25mm) of pedal travel.