See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The IAT sensor is a thermistor which supplies intake air temperature information to the ECM. The sensor produces high resistance at low temperatures and low resistance at high temperatures. The ECM supplies a 5 volt signal to the sensor and measures the output voltage. The voltage signal will be low when the air is cold and high when the air is hot. On some models, this sensor is also known as the Manifold Air Temperature (MAT) sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the sensor electrical connector locking tab.
- Carefully remove the sensor.
- Install the sensor.
- Connect the electrical wiring.
- Connect the negative battery cable.