REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air inlet ducts and air cleaner, if necessary.
- Remove the electric cooling fan, if equipped.
- Disconnect the coolant overflow tank hose.
- Disconnect upper and lower radiator hoses.
- On vehicles equipped with automatic transmission, disconnect and plug the transmission fluid cooler lines.
- Disconnect and plug the engine oil cooler lines, if equipped.
- Remove fan shroud assembly, if applicable.
- Remove the upper radiator mount screws.
- Remove the radiator assembly by lifting straight up.
The radiator assembly is held at the bottom by two cradles secured to the radiator support.
- If installing a new radiator, transfer the fittings from the old radiator to the new radiator.
- Replace the radiator assembly by reversing the above steps. Check that radiator lower cradles are located properly in radiator recess.
- Refill the cooling system. Check the engine oil and transmission fluid levels, if necessary. Run engine for a short period of time and check for leaks.