REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Placement of tape on the right inner door edge will help prevent scratches during the antenna removal and installation procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the right side lower instrument panel sound insulator and disconnect the antenna connection from the radio.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the instrument panel harness from the radio.
- Disconnect the power antenna lead, if equipped.
- Disconnect the power antenna wire from the relay, if equipped.
- Remove the right fender wheelhouse.
- Loosen the fender-to-body attaching bolts and block the fender out.
- Remove the antenna bezel and nut.
- Remove the antenna assembly mounting screws.
- Remove the grommet from the bulkhead and pull the harness from the vehicle interior.
- Remove the antenna assembly from the vehicle.
In some cases, if the vehicle is equipped with a power antenna, it may be repaired. Seek a professional radio shop for proper repair of the antenna assembly.To install:
- Install the antenna assembly into the vehicle.
- Install the grommet and the harness into the vehicle interior.
- Install the antenna assembly mounting screws.
- Install the antenna bezel and nut.
- Remove the fender block, tighten the fender-to-body attaching bolts. Ensure any shims for the fender are reinstalled.
- Install the right fender wheelhouse.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the power antenna wire to the relay, if equipped.
- Connect the power antenna lead, if equipped.
- Connect the instrument panel harness to the radio.
- Connect the antenna connection to the radio. Install the right side lower instrument panel sound insulator
- Connect the negative battery cable.