REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Prop the lid open and place a protective covering along the edges of the rear compartment opening to prevent any damage to the painted surfaces.
- Use a 13mm socket to remove the nuts holding the glass to the hinge.
- While a helper supports the glass, disengage the gas supports from the lift window assembly and disconnect the harness connector for the electric grid defogger, if equipped.
- With the aid of a helper, remove the lift window assembly from the body and place it on a protected surface.
- Position the lift window assembly to the body with the aid of a helper. Install the attaching bolts and torque to 11 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Connect the harness connector for the electric grid defogger, if equipped, and connect the gas supports to the lift window assembly.
- Lower the lid and check alignment.
The rear compartment lift window assembly height, fore and aft and side adjustments are controlled at the hinge-to-body location. This area of the body has oversize hinge attaching holes in addition to the hinge-to-body spacers. Adjustments at the hinge location must be made with the gas supports disengaged. Additional height adjustment can also be made at the lower panel by adjusting the rubber bumpers. Bolts holding hinge-to-body should be tightened to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-28 Nm).