REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The one-piece trim hangs over the door inner panel across the top and is secured by clips down the sides and across the bottom. It is retained by screws located in the areas of the armrest and pull handle assembly.
- Remove all the door inside handles.
- Remove the door inside locking rod knob.
- Remove the screws inserted through the door armrest and pull the handle assembly into the door inner panel or armrest hanger support bracket.
- On models with remote control mirror assemblies, remove the control plate from the bezel on the trim pad and remove the control from the plate.
- On models with power door lock controls located in the door trim panel, disconnect the wire harnesses at the switch assemblies.
- Remove the remote control handle bezel screws.
- Remove the screws used to hold the armrest to the inner panel.
- Remove the screws and plastic retainers from the perimeter of the door trim panel using tool BT-7323A or equivalent and a screwdriver. To remove the trim panel, push the trim upward and outboard to disengage from the door inner panel at the beltline.
- On models with a water deflector held in place by fasteners, use tool BT-7323A or equivalent to remove the fasteners and water deflector.
- To install the water deflector, locate the fasteners in the holes in the door inner panel and press in place. Replace all tape which may have been applied to assist in holding the water deflector in place.
- Before installing the door trim panel, make certain that all the trim retainers are installed securely to the panel and are not damaged. Where required, replace damaged retainers. Start the retainer flange into 1 / 4 in. (6mm) cutout attachment hole in the trim panel, rotate the retainer until the flange is engaged fully.
- Connect all electrical components where present.
- To install the door trim panel, locate the top of the assembly over the upper flange of the door inner panel, inserting the door handle through the handle slot in the panel and press down on the trim panel to engage the upper retaining clips.
- Position the trim panel to the door inner panel so the trim retainers are aligned with the attaching holes in the panel and tap the retainers into the holes with the palm of hand or a clean rubber mallet.
- Install the screws used to hold the armrest to the inner panel.
- Install the remote control handle bezel screws.
- On models with power door lock controls located in the door trim panel, connect the wire harnesses at the switch assemblies.
- On models with remote control mirror assemblies, install the control to the plate. Install the control plate to the bezel on the trim pad.
- Install the handle assembly and install the screws inserted through the door armrest.
- Install the door inside locking rod knob.
- Install all the door inside handles.