REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely. Be sure that the rear axle assembly is supported safely.
- Disconnect shock absorbers from axle. Remove the wheel assemblies.
- Mark driveshaft and pinion flange, then disconnect driveshaft and support out of the way.
- Remove brake line junction block bolt at axle housing. If necessary, disconnect the brake lines at the junction block.
- Disconnect the upper control arms from the axle housing.
- Lower the rear axle assembly. Remove the springs.
- Continue lowering the rear axle assembly and remove it from the vehicle.
- Position the rear axle assembly into place and install the springs.
- Connect the upper control arms to the axle housing.
- Install the brake line junction block bolt at the axle housing. Connect any brake lines that were disconnected.
- Install and secure the driveshaft aligning the match marks made earlier.
- Connect the shock absorbers to the axle and install the wheel assemblies.
- Lower the vehicle and replace any lost rear axle fluid.