Before attempting any repairs involving the steering wheel or disassembly of it, ensure that the Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (Air Bag) system is properly disarmed.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Properly disable the SIR air bag system, if equipped.
- Place the lock in the Run position.
- Remove the lock plate, turn signal switch and buzzer switch.
- Remove the screw and lock cylinder.
If the screw is dropped on removal, it could fall into the column, requiring complete disassembly to retrieve the screw.
- Rotate the cylinder clockwise to align cylinder key with the keyway in the housing.
- Push the lock all the way in.
- Install the screw. Tighten the screw to 14 inch lbs. (1.5 Nm) for adjustable columns and 25 inch lbs. (2.8 Nm) for standard columns. Re-center the SIR coil assembly as previously directed.