REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the master cylinder reservoir cap, then use a clean syringe to remove as much of the brake fluid as possible. Discard the fluid, then replace the master cylinder reservoir cap.
- Disconnect and plug the hydraulic lines from master cylinder.
- Remove the retaining nuts that secure the master cylinder to the brake booster.
- Remove the master cylinder, gasket and rubber boot.
- Take the master cylinder to a reputable repair shop to have it bench bled.
- Position the master cylinder to the power brake booster and secure with the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Unplug, then connect the hydraulic lines to the master cylinder.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the master cylinder reservoir with the proper type and amount of fluid, then bleed the brake system.