REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
On all vehicles, except 1996-98 vehicles equipped with a 5-speed transmission, the master cylinder and actuator cylinder must be removed as an assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel knee bolster assembly.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Remove the master cylinder retaining nuts and U-bolt from the dash panel.
- Remove the master cylinder reservoir retainer, then remove the reservoir from the left-hand hood strut bracket.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the actuator cylinder retaining nuts, then remove the actuator cylinder from the clutch housing.
- Remove the clutch master and actuator cylinder assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the actuator cylinder and secure with the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Install the master cylinder to the dash panel and install the U-bolt. Install the master cylinder retaining nuts and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Position the master cylinder reservoir to the left-hand hood strut bracket and install the reservoir retainer.
- Connect the clutch master cylinder pushrod to the clutch pedal.
- Install the instrument panel knee bolster.
- Connect the negative battery cable.