REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the air cleaner and ducts, if necessary.
- Unplug the electric fan harness connector.
- Remove the fan frame-to-radiator support mounting bolts, then remove the fan assembly. Some models are retained by clips. Remove these, then slide the fan assembly from the radiator.
If a fan blade is bent or damaged, you should not try to repair and/or reuse it. A damaged blade should always be replace with a new one.
- If necessary to remove the fan blade(s), remove the retaining nut, then remove the blade. Inspect the blade for bends or cracks.
- If removed, install the fan blade(s) to the frame and secure with the retaining nut.
- Slide the cooling fan frame into position to the radiator support and secure with the retaining bolts or clips.
- Attach the electric fan wiring harness.
- Install the air cleaner and ducts.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check fan operation.