REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 14
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, remove the hold-down bolts/screws and the air box cover.
- Remove the air inlet ducts and air cleaner, if necessary.
If equipped, perform the following:
- Detach the air temperature sensor electrical connector.
- Unlatch the vent hose clamp and disconnect the hose from the lower air box.
- Remove the clamp attaching the rubber shoulder from the lower air box to the mass air flow sensor.
- Remove the upper radiator mounting panel.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Detach the electric fan connectors.
- Remove the electric cooling fan(s), if equipped.
- On vehicles equipped with automatic transmission, disconnect and plug the transmission fluid cooler lines.
- If equipped, remove the coolant level indicator module.
- If easily accessible at this time, disconnect the lower hose from the radiator.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Loosen the receiver dehydrator bracket.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose from the water pump.