See Figures 1 and 2
- Use Antenna Bezel Socket J 38536-A or equivalent, to loosen the antenna retaining nut.
- Remove the antenna base from the spare tire bracket.
- Remove the retaining nut and bezel.
- Remove the top of the antenna base from the rear quarter panel.
- Disconnect the cable from the antenna base.
If substituting an antenna or cable, be sure to use a barbless-type connector. Improper connectors may cause poor reception or connector damage.
- Place the cable into the antenna base.
- Position the top of the antenna base into the hole in the rear quarter panel.
- Install the bezel to the antenna base and secure with the nut finger-tight.
- Position the bottom of the antenna base into the spare tire bracket. Tighten the retaining nut to 34 inch lbs. (3.4 Nm) using bezel socket J 38536-A, or equivalent.
See Figure 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the quarter inner trim finishing panel.
- Remove the jack and spare tire.
- Unplug the cable from the antenna cable connector.
- Detach the electrical connector from the antenna.
- Use Antenna Bezel Socket J 38536-A, or equivalent to remove the nuts from the antenna.
- Remove the bezel from the power antenna.
- Remove the drain tube and grommet from the rear quarter panel.
- Unfasten the bolt/screw from the antenna and spare tire bracket.
- Remove the power antenna from the vehicle.