REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- If removing the driver's side upper control arm, unfasten the brake master cylinder from the booster and position it aside without disconnecting the brake lines.
- Remove the upper spring/shock mounting bolts and nuts.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft link.
- Remove the shock absorber lower mounting bolts/screws.
- Separate the upper ball joint from the steering knuckle.
- Remove the upper control arm and shock absorber assembly from the vehicle.
- Support the steering knuckle with suitable jackstands.
- Unfasten the retaining nuts and bolts/screws, then remove the upper control arm from the shock absorber.
- Position the control arm to the shock absorber. Install the retaining bolts/screws and nuts, then tighten to 72 ft. lbs. (98 Nm).
- Position the upper control arm and shock absorber to the vehicle.
- Position the steering knuckle to the upper control arm.
- Attach the upper ball joint to the steering knuckle.
- Remove the jackstands from under the steering knuckle.
- Install the lower shock absorber retaining bolts/screws.
- Install the stabilizer shaft link.
When installing the upper shock retainers, keep the shock absorber in a stationary position. Turning the shock while tightening the nut could damage the shock absorber.
- Partially lower the vehicle as necessary, then install the upper shock mounting nuts and bolts/screws. Tighten the nuts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm) and the bolts/screws to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- If necessary, place the brake master cylinder in its original position, then install the retaining nuts.