REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- For Pontiacs, remove the control assembly trim plate by pulling it forward, off the instrument panel lower trim pad.
- For Chevrolet, remove the instrument cluster trim plate.
- Unfasten the heater and A/C control panel attaching screws/bolts and pull the assembly out far enough to reach the connections.
- Detach the blower switch electrical connector, vacuum harness connector and the temperature control cable.
- Remove the heater and A/C control panel from the vehicle.
- Attach the temperature control cable, the vacuum harness connector and the blower switch electrical connector.
- Position the control panel in the vehicle and install the retaining bolts/screws. Tighten to 17 inch lbs. (1.9 Nm).
- For Chevrolet, install the instrument cluster trim plate.
- For Pontiac, install the control trim place by placing it in position and pressing rearward to engage the four retaining clips.
- Connect the negative battery cable.