REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the door trim panel and the inner panel water deflector.
- Raise or lower the window, as applicable, to the half-up position.
- Support the window in the position needed to access the rivets by inserting rubber wedge door stops at the front and rear of the window between the window and inner door panel.
- Use a 1 / 4 in. (6mm) bit to drill out the attaching rivets on the sash channel.
- Carefully raise the glass to remove from the sash channel, then remove the glass from the door.
- Inspect the bushings, retainers, up stop, pins and wedges on the window for damage.
- If necessary, remove the bushings and retainers using a prytool covered with cloth body tape.
If necessary, remove the following:
- Window front up stop bolt/screw.
- Up stop, nut and washer.
- Window stabilizer bolts/screws.
- Stabilizer pins, nuts and wedges.
- If removed, install the window wedges and stabilizer pins.
- If removed, install the stabilizer pin bolts/screws and tighten to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer pin nut, if removed and tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- If removed, install the up stop and washer.
- If removed, install the up stop bolt/screw and nut. Tighten the bolt/screw to 62 inch lbs. (7 Nm) and the nut to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- If removed, install the bushings and retainers.
- Carefully position the window into the door so the holes in the bushings lines up with the holes in the channel.
- Install the rivets in sequence.
- If necessary, adjust the window as outlined later in this section.
- Install the water deflector and trim panel.
- Remove the drilled out rivets and shavings from the door.
- Check the rivet bushings and retainers on the glass for damage. If necessary, remove the bushings using a flat-bladed tool covered with a cloth body tape. Install by snapping the rivet retainer into the bushing.
- Lower the glass into the door and position on the sash channel so the holes in the sash line up with the holes in the bushings and retainers.
- Using rivet tool J-29022 or equivalent, install 1 / 4 in. (6mm) peel type rivet (part No. 20184399 or equivalent) to retain the glass to sash channel.
- Install the rear guide channel.
- Install the front up stop to support on the inner panel.
- Before installing the trim parts, check the window operation for performance and fit to roof rail weatherstrip.
- Install the inner panel water deflector and the door trim panel.
See Figure 4
Adjust the window up or down at the front, as follows:
- Loosen the nut.
- Adjust the up stop support.
- Tighten the nut to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
Adjust the window up or down at the rear, as follows:
- Loosen the bolt/screw.
- Adjust the rear up stop and tighten the bolt/screw.
Adjust the window parallel to the weatherstrip, as follows:
- Lower the window part way and raise back to within 1 in. (25mm) of the weatherstrip.
- Loosen the nuts.
- Adjust the channel, then tighten the nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Adjust the window forward, or rearward by loosening the retaining nuts and moving the window forward, or rearward, as applicable.
Adjust the upper edge of the window inboard or outboard, as follows:
- Loosen the nuts.
- Move the jackstuds in or out using an Allen wrench.
- Tighten the nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
Adjust the stabilizers, as follows:
- Raise the window to the fully closed position.
- Loosen the bolts/screws.
- Apply slight pressure outboard on the window at the belt.
- Move the stabilizers, as necessary, then tighten the bolts/screws to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
Inspect the window operation and stability:
- If the window binds, move the stabilizers inboard slightly.
- If the window is unstable, move the stabilizers outboard.
- If the stabilizers have been adjusted and the window squeaks while returning to the up position, lubricate the outside rearview mirror appliqu-channel.