REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the front floor console trim plate.
- If equipped with the 6-speed transmission, unfasten the handle bolts/screws, then remove the handle.
- Unfasten the boot retaining bolts/screws, then remove the boot.
- Remove the transmission control bolts/screw, then remove the control.
- Clean the sealant from the transmission extension housing. If you're reinstalling the control, clean all of the old sealant from it.
The upper and lower transmission control levers are bonded together. Separation of the levers will cause damage, requiring replacement of the transmission controlTo install:
- Apply a continuous 1 / 8 in. (3mm) bead of RTV sealant to the transmission extension housing-to-control sealing surface.
- Position the control and install the retaining bolts/screws. Tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the boot, secure with the retaining bolts/screws and tighten to 15 inch lbs. (1.7 Nm).
- If equipped with the 6-speed transmission, position the handle and install the retaining bolts/screws. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the front floor control trim plate.