REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Remove/reinstall only one lower control arm at a time. If both arms are removed at the same time, the axle could roll or slip sideways, making reinstallation of the arms very difficult.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle.
- Remove the control arm attaching bolts/screws, nut and washers from the rear axle.
- Loosen and remove the retaining bolts/screws, nuts and washers from the underbody pan.
- Remove the lower control arm from the vehicle.
- Position the lower control arm to the rear axle and underbody pane.
- Install the bolts/screws and nuts and hand-tighten them.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then tighten the retaining bolts from the inboard side out to 74 ft. lbs. (108 Nm) and the nuts to 60 ft. lbs. (82 Nm).
- Remove the rear axle support.