REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft link, by removing the retaining nut, then remove the link. Unfasten the retaining bolts/screws, then remove the bracket.
- Remove the front stabilizer shaft insulator clamp retaining bolts/screws and nuts, then remove the clamp.
- Remove the insulator and bracket.
- Remove the stabilizer shaft from the vehicle.
The stabilizer shaft must be installed with the bend of the shaft facing down.
- Place the insulator over the stabilizer shaft. The slit of the insulator must face the rear of the vehicle.
- Position the clamps over the insulators and stabilizer shaft.
- Position the bracket to the rear axle and secure with the retaining bolts/screws and nuts.
Install the stabilizer shaft link, as follows:
- Position the bracket to the underbody pan, then install the retaining bolts/screws and tighten to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Position the link to the bracket, then install the link and nut. Tighten the link and nut to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Carefully lower the vehicle.