REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 12
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the hood seal and the left hand cowl panel.
- Disconnect the washer hose assembly from the cowl panel.
- Detach the electrical connector from the wiper motor assembly.
- Remove the left hand linkage attaching bolt/screw and nut.
- Separate the socket of the right hand linkage from the ball of the left hand linkage using tool J-39232, or equivalent.
- Remove the left hand linkage assembly.
- Remove the wiper motor attaching bolt/screw and pull the wiper motor assembly free from the slots in the bracket.
- Remove the socket of the right hand linkage assembly from the crank arm ball of the wiper motor assembly using tool J-39232 or equivalent.
When installing the wiper motor assembly, make certain that the crank arm is in the inner wipe position. The crank arm drive pin must be engaged in the cam pocket.
- Press the socket of the right hand linkage assembly into engagement with the crank arm ball of the wiper motor assembly using tool J-39529, or equivalent.
- Install the wiper motor with the two locator pads pressed fully into the slots of the wiper motor bracket.
- Install the attaching motor bolt.
- Install the left hand linkage assembly without attaching parts.
- Press the socket of the right hand linkage assembly using tool J-39529.
- Install the left hand linkage attaching nut and screw.
- Attach the wiper motor electrical connector.
- Connect the windshield washer hose to the cowl.
- Install the left hand cowl panel and hood seal.
- Install the wiper arm and blade assemblies.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check for proper wiper operation.