REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect the low-pressure lines at the inlet and outlet fittings on the accumulator.
Cap the refrigerant lines when opening the system to prevent the entry of dirt and moisture and the loss of refrigerant lubricant.
- Disconnect the pressure cycling switch connection and remove the switch, as required.
- Loosen the lower strap bolt and spread the strap. Turn the accumulator and remove.
- Drain and measure the oil in the accumulator. Discard the old oil.
- Add new oil equivalent to the amount drained from the old accumulator. Add an additional 2-3 oz. (60-90ml) of oil to compensate for the oil retained by the accumulator desiccant.
- Position the accumulator in the securing bracket and tighten the clamp bolt.
- Install new O-rings at the inlet and outlet connections on the accumulator. Lubricate the O-rings with refrigerant oil.
- Connect the low-pressure inlet and outlet lines.
- Evacuate, charge and leak test the system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.