There are no band adjustments possible or required for the Turbo Hydra-Matic 200-4R or 4L60 transmissions.
- Place the emergency brake ON securely and block the drive wheels. Loosen the control rod swivel bolt at the equalizer bar.
- Place the lever on the transmission in the N position. Place the steering column shift lever in the N detent position.
- Tighten the swivel bolt at the equalizer bar and control rod.
- Check the shifter for proper operation.
THROTTLE VALVE (TV) CABLE
The TV cable controls transmission line pressure which in turn controls the shift and kick down points of the transmission.
See Figures 1 and 2
- After installation of the cable to the transmission, engine bracket, and the cable actuating lever, check to assure that the cable slider is in the zero or fully re-adjusted position.
- If cable slider is not in the zero or fully re-adjusted, depress and hold the metal re-adjust tab. Move the slider back through the fitting in the direction away from the cable actuating (throttle) lever until the slider stops against the fitting. Release the metal re-adjust tab.
- Rotate the cable actuating (throttle) lever to its full travel position.
- The slider must move (ratchet) forward when the lever is rotated to the full travel position.
- Release the lever. Check the adjustment by road testing the vehicle.