See Figures 1, 2 and 3
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Clean dirt and foreign material from both the hose and fittings.
- Disconnect the brake pipe from the hose fitting using a backup wrench on the fitting. Be careful not to bend the frame bracket or the brake pipe.
- Remove the U-clip from the female fitting at the bracket and remove the hose from the bracket.
- Remove the bolt from the caliper end of the hose. Remove the hose from the caliper and discard the two copper gaskets on either side of the fitting block.
- Use new copper gaskets on both sides of the fitting block. Lubricate the bolt threads with brake fluid. With the fitting flange engaged with the caliper orientation ledge, fasten the hose to the caliper and torque to 32 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- With the weight of the car on the suspension, pass the female fitting through the frame bracket of crossmember. Fitting fits the bracket in only one position. With least amount of twist in the hose, install the fitting in this position. There should be no kinks in the hose.
- Install the U-clip to the female fitting at the frame bracket.
- Attach the brake pipe to the hose fitting using a backup wrench on the fitting. Torque to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Inspect to see that the hose doesn't make contact with any part of the suspension. Check in the extreme right hand and extreme left hand turn conditions. If the hose makes any contact, remove and correct.
- Bleed the brake system.
- Remove the two brake pipes from the junction block and with the use of a backup wrench, remove the hose at the female fitting. Be careful not to bend the bracket or pipes.
- Remove the U-clip and take the female fitting out of the bracket.
- Observe the position at which the junction block is mounted to the axle. When installing the new hose, be sure this junction block is in the same position.
- Remove the bolt attaching junction block to axle.
- Thread both the rear axle pipes into the junction block.
- Bolt the junction block to the axle to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Torque the rear pipes to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Pass the female end of the hose through the frame bracket. The female fitting will fit the bracket in only one position; without twisting the hose, position the female end in the bracket.
- Install the U-clip.
- Attach the pipe to the female fitting using a backup wrench on the fitting, torque to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm) again be careful not to bend the bracket or pipe. Check to see that the hose installation did not loosen the frame bracket. Re-torque the bracket, if necessary.
- Fill and maintain the brake fluid level in the reservoirs. Bleed the system.