REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the vacuum check valve and plug the hose.
- Remove the 2 nuts holding the master cylinder, and combination valve bracket if applicable, to the power unit. Carefully position the aside, being careful not to kink any of the hydraulic lines. It is not necessary to disconnect the brake lines.
- Loosen the 4 nuts that hold the power unit mounted on the firewall.
- Disconnect the retainer, outer washer, air valve pushrod assembly and inner washer, as applicable, from the brake pedal. Do not force the pushrod to the side when disconnecting.
- Remove the 4 mounting nuts and remove the power unit.
- Place the power unit against the firewall and loosely attach nuts.
- Connect the inner washer, air valve pushrod assembly, outer washer, and retainer to the brake pedal.
- Tighten the power unit attaching nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Install the master cylinder and, if applicable, the combination valve bracket on the power booster mounting studs. Tighten bolts to specification.
- Unplug and connect the vacuum hose to the vacuum check valve.