See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the electrical connector and vacuum hoses at the servo.
- Disconnect the actuating chain, cable or rod from the servo.
- Remove the screws holding the vacuum servo and solenoid unit to the bracket and remove the unit.
- Connect the large diameter brake release vacuum line to the servo unit. Connect the vacuum hose from the vacuum control valve to the servo unit.
- Connect the actuating chain, rod or cable to the servo.
- Install the servo unit to the bracket; tighten the screws to 12 inch lbs. (1.4 Nm).
- Install the electrical connector to the servo.
- Adjust the cable, rod or chain.
Do not stretch cables or chains to make pins fit or holes align. This will prevent the engine from returning to idle.
- Check that the cable is properly installed and that the throttle is closed to the idle position.
- Pull the servo end of the cable toward the linkage bracket of the servo. Place the servo connector in one of the 6 holes in the bracket which allows the least amount of slack and does not move the throttle linkage.
- Install the retainer clip. Check that the throttle linkage is still in the idle position.