See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
This procedure is to be performed with the alternator removed from the vehicle. The CS-130 alternators are non-serviceable and must be replaced as an assembly.
- Make scribe marks on the end housing frames to make reassembly easier.
- Remove the 4 through-bolts and separate the end frame assembly from the rectifier end frame assembly.
- Remove the 3 stator attaching nuts and remove the stator from the end frame.
- Unsolder the connections, remove the 2 regulator attaching screws and separate the regulator and brush holder from the vehicle.
- To install, assemble the regulator, brush holder and connector to the end frame. Securely solder the connection between the regulator and brush holder, and the connection between the regulator and brush strap.
- Assemble the stator to the end frame.
- Install the halves of the alternator, ensuring the end frames are aligned as previously removed. Secure the halves with the 4 through-bolts. After the alternator is assembled, remove the brush retainer.