See Figure 1
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper fan shroud.
- Remove nuts and fan clutch with cooling fan.
- Remove spacer if equipped, and if necessary remove bolts connecting cooling fan and clutch.
Keep the fan in an upright position during repairs to prevent the silicone fluid from leaking out.To install:
- Attach cooling fan to the fan clutch, if removed, with bolts. Tighten bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Place spacer, if equipped, and attach fan assembly to the cooling pump. Be sure to align reference marks on the fan clutch and coolant pump hub.
- Tighten nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Attach upper fan shroud and tighten screws to 53 inch lbs. (5.8 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.