The engine oil cooler consists of an adapter bolted to the engine block which the oil filter is screwed onto. The adapter has 2 hoses which attach to the oil cooler mounted in front of the radiator support on police and taxi use or connected internally to the left radiator tank, these hoses are the inlet and return lines.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- On all vehicles except police and taxi, Remove the radiator, if the oil cooler is to be repaired or replaced, otherwise remove the engine oil cooler from the front of the radiator as necessary.
- Remove the oil filter.
- Remove the hoses from the oil cooler adapter.
- Unscrew the oil cooler adapter retainer and remove the assembly. Discard the gasket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Use new gaskets.