REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
EXCEPT 5.0L (VIN Y) ENGINE
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove cooling fan as follows:
- Remove upper and lower fan shrouds.
- Remove nuts and fan clutch with cooling fan.
- Remove spacer if equipped, and if necessary remove bolts connecting cooling fan and clutch.
If equipped with a clutch fan, keep the fan in an upright position during repairs to prevent the silicone fluid from leaking out.
- Loosen and remove the serpentine belt from the coolant pump pulley and remove the pulley.
- Drain the cooling system.
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by the ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Unfasten the heater bypass and radiator hose from the pump, as equipped.
- If required, remove the alternator, air conditioning compressor and/or power steerin