REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the left sound insulator. Disconnect the wiring at the switch assembly.
- Disconnect the parking brake vacuum actuator hose assembly, if equipped.
- Remove the switch assembly retainer and sealing strip, if equipped. Remove the switch assembly.
- Block the drive wheels and place the transmission in N .
- Align the actuator on the switch assembly with the hole on the shaft tube.
- Position the connector side of the switch assembly to fit into the cutout on the steering column shaft.
- Push down on the switch assembly to lock the tangs into place in the steering shaft.
- If a used switch was reinstalled, move the switch assembly to the right, the LOW gear position. Then, place the transmission in P , the switch assembly will ratchet as it adjusts itself.
- If a new switch being installed, simply place the transmission in P and the switch assembly will ratchet as it adjusts itself automatically.
- Verify the switch is adjusted properly.
- Install the switch retainer, if equipped.
- Install the parking brake vacuum actuator.
- Connect the switch wire connector.
- Install the instrument panel sound insulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.